Supplied with HP iPAQ h6340Ascetic hp iPAQ h6340 include language does not turn - opening the box, once you see that device in front of you high-end equipment is designed to trifles. In addition to the communicator HP iPAQ h6340 can be found here:
- Cradle with two compartments: PDA and a spare battery (the LED on the front panel of the cradle is intended to indicate its status)
- Miniature 41-key QWERTY-keyboard, tacked on to the bottom of the PDA, which also made the function keys, including calling and hanging up
- Stylish leather holster, effectively staring at the waist
- Wired mono headset that ends with "Jack" 3.5mm
- 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter designed for connecting to your device set with more commonplace in the mobile world connector
- Universal (110/220) Power Supply
- Adapter to connect the power supply to the PDA on the road, without a cradle
- Naturally, the user manual (in English) and iPAQ Companion CD with MS Outlook, ActiveSync and the bonus software from the manufacturer (in our case - and also CD with language)
Design of HP iPAQ h6340HP iPAQ h6340 has a color scheme common to the iPAQ h-series - silver casing with black inlays. However, the "corporate" style of performance from the latest handheld computers hp in this series - much Rounded down body - here is weak. On the contrary, we can say the device conservative in form and slightly inclined to Cubism, but, nevertheless, it looks more solid and rigid than cumbersome. In the men's hands, of course:)
Processor and memoryMobile question of compromise between performance and battery life is always acute. Perhaps that is why the heart of the CCP became TI OMAP1510 processor 200 MHz, located by today's standards of performance even below average. However, be aware that too rapid discharge due to a powerful processor the battery would deprive both the possibility of communication with the outside world, so access to stored information - everything.
Display, video, soundThe PDA uses 3.5 "transflective matrix, which supports 65 thousand colors with QVGA resolution of 240x320. Installing the matrix of a higher class (VGA) would entail a rise in the price and so not a cheap device, as well as growth in energy consumption. In addition, there is another "but" - stitched on Windows Mobile 2003, which does not support this video mode for VGA screens, as well as opportunities to work in landscape orientation display. Perhaps in the future will be released an update to Windows Mobile 2003 SE, but at the moment it is not. Brightness Display can be adjusted quite smoothly (21 step) that allows you to set a comfortable level in almost any ambient light. The quality of the matrix display - at altitude.
Food and energyThe device is equipped with Li-Ion Battery 1800 mAh, optionally available battery twice the capacity. In addition, a backup NiMH battery, which will replace one of the main battery to another without losing data. Proprietary power management applet opportunity PDAs from HP - configure backup battery. This setting is guaranteed to provide the time within which the device after the battery discharge will be able to save your data and programs that are in volatile memory. Like many new PDAs, HP iPAQ h6340 is also able to recharge the battery when connected to USB-port. In this case, of course, the charging time is increased compared with the process of charge from the regular power supply.
- MP3 playback time on built-in speaker at max volume and the display is off - 17 hours 11 minutes
- While playing a video with audio output to the built-in speaker for maximum volume and maximum level of backlight - 7 hours 50 minutes
- While reading at the maximum backlight - 8 hours 14 minutes
- While reading at the lowest level backlight - 17 hours 17 minutes
- Waiting time when the GSM module and the display (backlight off) - 19 hours 57 minutes
PerformanceC using a package of SPB Bencmark held a general benchmark CCP, whose results are shown in the table. Also shown for comparison are the results of tests of other mobile devices from HP (click on image to see an expanded table).
Communication capabilitiesAs mentioned above, for the management of wireless interfaces, responsible single utility iPAQ Wireless, started by tapping the icon in the lower right corner of Today.
GSM / GPRSSince we are talking about the device, then we should start with the opportunities that the device gives the owner the use of cellular networks. As mentioned, HP iPAQ h6340 - PDA 4-band, range selection is done manually, using a utility located on the Personal tab in Control Panel.
WiFiThe device is equipped with a module WiFi, supports the work of standard 802.11b. The sensitivity of the module is very good - when communicating with a laptop hp nx5000 with built-in WiFi module from Intel through the 4 walls (brick + plaster) utility Intel PRO Set, running on the laptop shows the signal level as something between a "good" and "very good - 4 divisions of 5. Transfer to PDA file a capacity of 11 425 KB took 64 seconds back - 41 seconds.
BluetoothBluetooth-module integrated in the device is made by Widcomm. It conforms to the specifications bluetooth v1.1.
- Explore a Bluetooth Device - search for devices with active Bluetooth adapter
- ActiveSync via Bluetooth - synchronizing with a desktop computer or tbukom via Bluetooth interface
- Browse file on a remote device - a connection to the remote device to control its data
- Connect to a network - the network connection (LAN or Internet)
- Join a personal network - the connection with one or more devices to exchange data
- Exchange business cards. - The exchange of business cards
- File Transfer - content management PDA
- Information Exchange - Exchanging business cards
- Bluetooth Serial Port
- Personal Network Server - a connection with one or more devices in the network
- Dial-up Networking Server - the use of other devices, PDA as a modem for Internet access
- Hands Free - the use of other devices like PDA Headsets
Software HP iPAQ h6340In a standard set of PDA programs in addition to components included in Windos Mobile 2003 PE by default, comes the following applications. ClearVue PDF (the link is a complete set of ClearVue) - PDF-viewer tethers, with the possibility of demonstrations, in the presence of card VGA-out, through the projector (unfortunately, the "Russian" files does not understand, and when displaying some "British" observed problems).
SummaryMSRP for HP iPAQ h6340 ample for the European region is high - 699 euros for Russia and the CIS, it is thought it smaller - the study offers this PDA according www.price.ru showed the average price of around $ 720, in Ukraine (according to the price. ua) price of the same order. Frankly, on the one hand the impression that meeting the "imperative of our time", HP has translated into their hardware is not the most recent developments, if only to remind themselves on the market of communicators.On the other hand, despite the modest, quite frankly, performance, its main function - to ensure smooth and Qualitative communication with the outside world by all available means - a device to cope with "excellent". Therefore, the attempt number 2 should recognize a success. Forward to try number 3?
- Poor performance platform (sometimes retarding interface problems when playing videos, etc.)
- Useless in our environment Keyboard
- Outdated OS
- The large size
- Support for GSM / GPRS all ranges
- Equipment of all wireless interfaces
- High capacity battery provides long battery life
- Product eminent manufacturer that provides a high level of service support
- Affordable price (including communicators, of course:)
- Rich equipment (headset, keyboard, cover)
- Good sensitivity GSM-module